There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Wednesday, December 31, 2008

....of snow bunnies and cheating cats.....

In the blink of an eye my daughter arrived and left. We had 2 full days together and half a day Saturday and yesterday. We crammed a lot of fun and love into those few days. We relaxed, talked, ate, talked and ate some more. She went snow boarding on Monday and had lots of fun in the feet of snow up on Schweitzer Mountain.

The only sad thing about the visit was the passing of her father-in-law. My son-in-law was alone and I know he was having a hard time dealing with this loss, but Chris called him often and they are with Todd's family now.

We had lots of snow and cold temps....but....yippee, the heater was finally fixed, so we were warm and toasty.

It is always difficult when my kids leave.......there are reminders in the house and putting the sofa bed back together and dragging the coffee table into place always brings tears. With Chris, it is her perfume. I can smell her everywhere in the house. Hopefully, we can see each other again soon. I am just grateful for the visit no matter the length.

Here is the process of masking up for snowboarding......pretty complicated.





Then, THEN, what does my little Guido do? He falls in love with Chris and totally ignores me. Emma was hidden most of the time Chris was here....but, she did spend her nights sitting on the back of the couch bed as evidenced by the amount of kitty hair left behind for me to clean today. I guess she was spying on Guido so she could tattle. Chris said they both spent a lot of time playing at night, running across the bed and jumping off the arms of the couch. Did I mention Chris was tired every day?
I will catch up on blog reading NEXT YEAR!!!!! I am so damn glad 2008 is over....it has just got to be better in 2009...just has to be. I hope all of you have a safe and fun New Year's Eve.....see you next year!

13 comments:

Miss Healthypants said...

Happy New Year, you beautiful blogger, you! *smiles*

Sling said...

I think I made it just in time to wish you a Happy New Year Rosie!

cs said...

Happy happy NY 09 northern friend. I am so glad to see you had so much love and fun together. Your daughter is so beautiful.

I have to share with you a tatoo story I heard yesterday on the radio. It was about a fireman who has been married for years but could not wear his ring due to hazards of the job. (My hubby has the same working hazards.) He was always getting teased about not wearing his ring. This fireman went out and got his wife a very special anniversary present. He tatoo'd a ring on his finger to show his wife how much he is devoted and committed to her. Sound familiar?

thought you'd like this.....hugs!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Happy New Year! Your visit with your daughter sounded like so much fun. :-)

Mom said...

2009 is going to be a good year. I feel hope everywhere.
Glad you had a happy visit with you girl. Family is what life is all about.

kenju said...

I'm so glad that you and I have great relationships with our daughters! Mine is here now, and I will miss her terribly when she leaves.

Happy New Year!!

sageweb said...

Happy NEw Year!!! I hope the best year ever for you and your family.

Kimberly Ann said...

I had no idea snowboarding took so much gear. Here's to a wonderful 2009. I just know it will be a good one!!

Chris said...

Cat's can be so fickle can't they.

I am with you, 2009 has to be better!

Happy New Year!

Cazzie!!! said...

Wonderful times..it makes me realise my kdis wont be little for too long, and then I will be the same as you... tearing up when they leave to go to their own lives and families :)
2009 is set to be a great year :)

jp said...

Beautiful and loving daughter; you are blessed.

And Guido is just being shallow, he'll realize who his mommy is in short time.

Happy New Year, Rosie. I suspect that each of your years from here foreward will be better than the last.

jan said...

Just when I think it might be fun to have another cat, I hear what two of them might do in the quiet and the dark. Hey, have a much better 2009, you deserve many good years.

Middle Child said...

I know what you mean about the smell staying in the house. I'll admit how superstitous i am...I don't wash the girls sheets till I know they have arrive home safely...how mad is that...

Not alone i'll bet.