There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Monday, December 08, 2008

What a weekend it has been.....

.....because the satellite went out AND the phone went out. Talk about a 21st century horror story, this is it!!!!!

The satellite was fixed late yesterday after 7, as in seven, calls to Hughes.net. We talked to Mark, Phil, Jeremy, Anton, Maria, Derrick and finally Sharon....all of them were located in India. Of course the fix-it guy (he drove here from Spokane) tried to sell us an upgrade, but we declined. Steve actually wants a commercial unit and that won't happen for a while.

The phone glitch was a water issue in a box somewhere....not on our property. A squirrel was probably using it as a nest/restaurant/storage unit/potty.

We got a call from Gil (my youngest son) Saturday night.....they were all in the ER....Spencer had fallen in the bathtub and put one of his cute little teeth through his lip. OUCH. I talked to Mariko (my daughter-in-law) yesterday and she said he was doing OK. I talked to Spencer, but with our cheap phone system and his bum lip, we didn't "get" much of what he said. Kiss, kiss Spencer.

Penelope has been on Rimadyl for two weeks because she started limping before we left on our trip and it was not better when we got back. She was slowly improving, but after the 2 week course was finished, she was even worse than when the limping started. So......back to the vet for lab work and more drugs for Penny.

So, other than those modern day disasters, poor little Spencer's mishap and Penelope's aging issues......we are just waiting for the snow to dump on us at any minute.

This is probably the worst blog post I have ever written...B.O.R.I.N.G. except for the part about Spencer. He is always important.

Wait a minute.....here is something else pretty important.....a Thanksgiving picture of....as my daughter captioned it in her email.....3 of the most important people in my life.

14 comments:

jan said...

Hearing that other people have more technological problems that we do, is never boring. :)

Mom said...

It is an interesting post, Rosemary. sounds like you just had a bad weekend.We like to hear about the good, the bad, and the ugly. just keep us posted about your exciting life in Idaho.

utenzi said...

Biting right through your lip sounds painful, Rosemary. I bet it was quite bloody too. Ick. Poor little kid. :-(

sageweb said...

Great picture!! I couldn't imagine life with out the TV..I would have died...and no this is not a boring post!

Jennie said...

Great picture...I always comment on how beautiful your daughter is, so I'm not going to say it this time. Poor Spencer, you made me flinch just reading it. ER trips - UGH! Glad he's okay.

kenju said...

Geeze, I really feel for the kid, Rosemary. That must have hurt a lot.
Your daughter's pretty!

Sling said...

Damm girl,..it's like a disaster trifecta!
Hope the week goes better for y'all.

Shammickite said...

Everything that you write is important Rosie, never never BORING!
Poor Spencer's lip... my YoungerSon did exactly the same thing on the edge of a swimming pool, right through the lip and also knocked the tooth sideways... boy, you could hear him howling 5 blocks away!
Lovely picture... happy smiles.

Joan said...

Techie problems at Christmas time are never any fun...bah humbug. And I am so sorry to hear about Spencer's accident...ouch! Happy to read he's recovering nicely from his little mishap.

jp said...

We missed our first snowfall today but got the wind and the cold anyway, so I'm still bitter.

Beautiful childrens!!

Miss Healthypants said...

Hey, it's a majorly important event when both your satellite AND your phone go out at the same time!--THE HORROR!

I loved that all of your Indian tech guys & gals had very nice American-sounding names. *grin*

more cowbell said...

Oh! I did that, put my tooth through my lip, in 5th grade. We were playing some insane game in gym class called Kickball-Basketball-Bowling, which involved kicking a ball, then running around to bases and knocking bowling pins down. I slipped while knocking down the pin at third, and the rest is history. Stitches inside and out, but I was a minor celebrity that day.

THen, if that isn't weird enough, Male Offspring had the same injury when he was 4. Both of us turned out fine. Not normal, but fine.

Hope Spencer is OK!

Middle Child said...

Hope Spencer is okay...that was my maiden name as it happens...they came from Wicklow Ireland in 1841... not an irish name but who knows what was going on then...

"Mark, Phil, Jeremy, Anton, Maria, Derrick and finally Sharon"
Oh yes...yes I recognised these as Indian names the first time i saw tham... what a bloody joke...the companies must think we are stupid.

Whats wrong with employing your own country men and women.

Loved the photo of the special three ...nice faces

Geng said...

Hi Rosie,

Good that you are doing lab work on Penny.

Just make sure you know all the side effects.

Side effects of Rimadyl

Geng Daddi