There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Monday, December 15, 2008

Yes, that is correct. It reads.....

...ZERO....as in zero, 0, umm, zero. The temperature thingy on my sidebar says it is 2 degrees, but that is from the weather station about 1/4 mile from us where it is a little balmy right now. What? Is that ice around the window someone asked? Ah, yup, that's ice. We have 3 windows that were not changed to Low-E double panes and the kitchen window is one of them. Zero is not the lowest temp photo I have posted. I know I put one up when it was minus 20 and the ice was on the window as well.

The schools are all closed...good thing. Kids have to wait at bus stops for who knows how long starting at about 5:30 AM. The weather bookies said at 6AM the wind is blowing at 25 MPH. According to my cute little wind chill fridge magnet, if it is zero and the winds are 25 MPH, it feels like minus 24. OK then, I'm staying inside all day, only going out to take the dogs potty....and they take 2 steps out the door, potty on the door step and come back in. Yes, that equals a lot of yellow snow on the door step....nice.

On a let's mess with the old folks note.....we were relaxing Saturday night after shoveling and snow throwing most of the day, when we heard a weird noise coming from the propane heater in the upstairs living room....kinda like a clunk. The end result of that clunk? The blower will not shut off after the flame cycle that creates heat. We turned the blower to ultra low until we can call the service guy this morning and of course he will probably be up to his ass in heater calls and we will be seen at the end of the week and can we run the heater with the blower on low until he gets here to check it out and then tells us we need a part and that will cost us 2 service calls and the part and labor.


When the going gets tough and cold, the tough hang together. Yes, that is Emma, Guido AND Fuzz all laying (?lying) on the bed together. I can't even tell you what Fuzz is saying. Even I have limits where bad language is concerned.


15 comments:

Jennie said...

I'll have a snow cone please. Having just returned from sunny Florida to warm, balmy New Jersey at 62 F...I think a snow cone would be just perfect. Cherry please. (Sorry for your zero, but I torment all my sisters equally.)

kenju said...

I'd be cussing, too! Holy cow, Rosemary, it's going to be 69* here today, according to the weather thingy on my homepage. Don't you want to come and visit?

Kimberly Ann said...

I am convinced now that I must stay near some warmish area (or at least with a marine climate) because I am waaaaay too much of a wuss.

sageweb said...

OMG! that looks so cold..and the cats look adorable. Hope your heater gets better.

CRAIG and DIANE said...

Looks like we left dodge just in time, but we didn't entirely escape, as we had to drive through a lot of snow to get into Central California.

Hang in there Rosemary, and grab a good book. It might be a long winter.

jan said...

The warm kitties must warm the air around them by at least 10 degrees. Only 6 more days until the sun heads back to earth. It's called the start of winter.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Oddly, it was close to 70 here today. It snows... then it's 70... who knows any more??? Ugh!

Miss Healthypants said...

Ah yes, I can relate. I walked to work in below-zero wind chills this morning...brrrr!!!!

Just curl up with those kittens--they'll keep you warm! (One of my favorite things--when one of my cats falls asleep by my feet--all nice and snuggly warm... *smiles*)

madretz said...

Shoot, and I'm sitting here shivering after a day out in sub-50 degree weather! I'd have to agree with Miss Healthypants, shove your piggies under those warm kitties and let them help warm you up!

Barb said...

Snow cone of a flavored icicle? Are you kiddin??? Neither for me thanks. How about a nice big mug of HOT chocolate with marshmallows in it. That always warms my innards. I have oatmeal for breakfast too when it's cold like this. We had -2 degrees this morning at 7:30. Brrrrrrr and it's suppose to get colder tomorrow. What's worse? Lots of snow or bone chilling temps? I'll take the snow anytime. Stay snuggly warm with those kitties and pooches.

Chris said...

OMGosh, those kitties are too cute.
It was 50 here yesterday, a cold front for us. I can't even imagine 0 degrees. Stay warm.

Mom said...

Burr!

Shammickite said...

ewww you definitely have a cold blast out there, and you're probably blaming Canada, right?... most of the USA blames Canada for any bad weather!
Just to let you know, it's been cold here too, but I don't think we have hit 0F (-17C) yet so far!

Cazzie!!! said...

Brrr! I wish I was a cat in Winter, snuggling up warm on the bed to sleep all day while my owner goes out to work, lol

more cowbell said...

We've been blasted with the white stuff, which of course, has brought Seattle area to a grinding halt. I'm seeing on the news that you guys have gotten a huge amount.

Isn't winter grand?