There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Saturday, February 28, 2009

6 nights and 7 days

Steve left today for Baltimore. He is working and going to a National conference. I hate it when he is gone for a week. The worst night sleeping with Steve is better than sleeping without him. Then there is the worrying about him flying, his driving in strange cities, bed bugs in the hotel, bad weather....I have to have something to worry about. Then there is the eating. rosemary is bored? rosemary eats. So the best solution is to keep busy. Of course I do have fortifications for those down times. I can't be busy all of the time. I have 2 bags of cherry cordials, Pillsbury cinnabon rolls, a yellow cake mix and chocolate frosting for cupcakes and two bags of burritos. Yup, gotta keep my strength up.

I have a number of projects planned for this week. The first one will be painting the upstairs living room. I painted it a mere two years ago....but.....I got the paint at Wally Wonder World and for the third time the color on the chip did not match the color on the wall. In the case of the living room, the pale wheat color turned out to be....well, here is the truth. The little girl across the street was visiting to take care of some Webkinz business. We were sitting at the kitchen table with the laptop when out of the blue she said, and I SWEAR this is exactly what she said, "That color there (pointing to the wall in the photos below)? It looks just like the poop in my baby sisters diaper." So..........

I went to Home Depot yesterday and got two gallons of Parchment colored satinique paint and all of the accouterments needed for the job. Steve brought up the 6 and 8 foot ladders so I could show him I would be safe while painting on the ladders. I have the drop cloths ready to put down as soon as I move the furniture, cat beds and take all of the stuff off the walls.




Here are the "global" before photos. I will post after photos mid week. I'm not sure anyone will be able to tell the difference in a picture but trust me the baby poop color will be gone. The cat wallpaper border is going as well.


After the living room is back together I will tackle cleaning Steve's office. Having a hospice in an office is not ideal. Then I will move on to trying out my Pro Caulk 25 dollar infomercial thingy on the kitchen counter top, clean the carpet on the stairs, sweep the garages and finish gathering my tax receipts. I figure the project energy output will balance the food intake calories.

12 comments:

CRAIG and DIANE said...

Our first ever bag of Hershey cherry cordials is almost gone. Trying to make them last until we can find the nearest Wal Mart! Good luck with the painting, can't wait to see the results.

kenju said...

Good Lord, Rosemary, that's enough work for 2 weeks!! Don't you ever have down-time? You make me feel ashamed.

Mom said...

With all that work you will need several bags of cherry cordials to keep up your strength.
If Steve has a problem just give me a call. I am just down the road from Baltimore. I even know what exit leads home from the beltway now.

Barb said...

Your getting rid of the cat wallpaper border????????????? I remember when we talked about that. Going to be a big job getting it off. Never know, maybe after all this time the glue has turned to a dusty film and the paper will peeeeeelllll right off. That would be nice and quick eh? Funny how I remember things we used to talk about. I didn't think the yellow wall looked like baby poop. Whatever way you paint and decorate always looks great to me. You are a natural artist. Look what you did with that old dresser. It looks beautiful.
Don't wear yourself ragged though with all the work. Have at least a bag of those cordial cherries handy for each day you work. LOL

Miss Healthypants said...

Whenever Iwanski is away, I clean like a mad woman. What is it about wives feeling "housekeeping inspired" when husbands are away? Maybe because they don't get in our business then. :)

Enjoy the painting and the cherry cordials! :)

jan said...

Food consumed while under stress has no caloric value.

You can look it up.

Sling said...

I looked up what Jan said,and it's true!!..Plus,it's a scientific fact that cherry cordials counteract the affects of paint fumes.

madretz said...

I've seen that commercial about the calking tool thingy, looks impressive. I hope it works as easily as they show it to be.
I hope after all that home improvement, you'll fall asleep as soon as you head hits the pillow every night.

sageweb said...

I love that you have my name on your wall!

Cazzie!!! said...

I would love to help you witht he painting, I just love it :)

more cowbell said...

This could give a whole new twist to those paint chip samples. The possibilities are staggering...

Middle Child said...

I may have to learn to paint as even though we have only been here 5 years the pain is peeling off outside.....do you use a roller...