There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Wednesday, March 04, 2009

I got by with a little help from my......

.....Emma Lee.

Painting of upstairs living room finished: check

Room put back together: check

One bag of Hershey's Cherry Cordials gone: check

Pan of Pillsbury Cinnabons gone: check

Every bone and muscle in my body hurts: check

Didn't fall off of the 6 or 8 foot ladders: check

Color of living room looks great: check

Making cupcakes today: yup


Here is my little helper, Emma Lee. See the ceiling fan pulls? See the fan going round and round....probably not. Anyway, Emma was determined, absolutely determined to get to those pulls and ride on the fan. It took a lot of effort for her to climb up the 8 foot ladder....and a lot more effort for me to climb up there, pry her claws off the top and haul her down. After trying again immediately after I got her down....she was banished to the snorage room for the rest of the painting. I was merciful and let her out in the evening.




Exhibits A: new, clean, not mustard colored walls.


Exhibits B: nasty, old mustard color....blaghhh.




The living room is mostly put back together. Everything that could go wrong with putting stuff back into the room did.......stripped screw heads, missing the stud to put up the heavy stuff, picture holder falling off, breaking screws with Steve's drill, having holes showing requiring Spackle and re-painting small spots...you name it, it went wrong. Took me from 10 AM until after 2 Pm to get it together.


The heavy work done, time for a nap.....Emma the Ladder Queen and Mimi Louise the Director of Operations.

16 comments:

utenzi said...

Somehow I doubt the cats were a lot of help with the projects, Rosemary, but maybe they get points for moral support.

sageweb said...

I love how the animals helped ..I am surprised none of them have paint stipes on their furry little bodies.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I can't believe she climbed that ladder like that! That's pretty amazing. :-)

jan said...

You bring in cat furniture. She masters the climb. And you banish her? Why else would you provide her with entertainment? No wonder pets think we're nuts.

Great job, btw.

Barb said...

Ya did a great job as usual Rosemary! That was a lot of things to take down and put back up on the walls. How did the cat border come off? Easy? Room looks adorable. I like the color!
I haven't broken open the bag of Coridal Cherries yet! LOL

kenju said...

It all looks great! I didn't know how much alike we were - but looking at the amount of stuff you have on your walls tells me that we are two of a kind!!

My cats always love climbing ladders (even to nowhere), and I can't have them in the house when I lower the attic stairs. They'd be up there in a heartbeat!

Sling said...

I'm laughin' at what Jan said :)
The living room looks great Rosie.No doubt Steve is gonna be well pleased.

Jennie said...

Looks great Rosemary. I'm glad you had company, but I have to laugh when I imagine Ruby in my bathroom with me while I am redoing it. I'll probably be a bad pet owner and banish her to the downstairs.

Mom said...

I get tired just reading about all you work. Good thing you had some help. It does look great. I just bought a bag of cherry cordials. You make them sound just too good.

Joan said...

Wow...what great results...I love the color! And what a determined kitty who's obviously not afraid of heights. You wouldn't find me on that ladder...no way, no how!

madretz said...

No idle hands for you, that's for sure. I wouldn't be able to do that in a month.

Miss Healthypants said...

LOVE the story of Emma Lee and the ceiling fan! LOL! :)

Cazzie!!! said...

Hope you are enjoying the painting, just make sure to relax in between, a cup of tea or two is good for you :)

Shammickite said...

You did a great job, the same thing is going to happen in my kitchen pretty soon, but I don't have any adventurous kitties to encourage me. But perhaps cherry cordials will help.....

cs said...

come on over and do mine next please....
love your helper!

Middle Child said...

Don't tell me that cats are stupid...who did all the hard work...? who gets to eat and sleep??? You tell me.