There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Friday, April 03, 2009

Just another day in the life of a.....

...hospice kitty.

My sweet, adorable Fuzzy loves his bed with the heated pad. He has made a little hammock-like center and can nap there for hours.......
....except for those times when his little sister, Emma, decides she wants to hog the center and Fuzzy has to lay on the edge of the pad.



He miaowed and miaowed for me to lift him onto the napper in the snorage room. I did. I am quite good at understanding cat.

After sleeping in the napper for a few hours he decided to mosey down stairs to watch ice melt. It doesn't take much to make him happy.
Fuzz has turned into my energizer cat-bunny. He was at death's door and presto-chango he is a cat again. Yes, he has bowel cancer, has lost probably 10 pounds (he was 20) and has that little paranoid thing he does when he turns a corner or exits/enters a room....but he is comfortable, does not exhibit any signs of being in pain, is not on any medication and poops every day!!!

8 comments:

sageweb said...

I love good news kitty updates!

kenju said...

That last part sounds good to me!! LOL I'm glad he isn't in pain.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Not to mention he's cute as all get out! I'm glad he's comfortable.

yellowdog granny said...

annie is going great guns too...and she also loves her heating pad..she gained 1/2 lb..isn't it wonderful when our pussies are in great shape...?
Im sure I could have worded that differntly..

jan said...

Fuzz looks happy with his life and his very well trained Rosemary. Good to hear he has no pain. Amazing what entertains cats, isn't it?

Cazzie!!! said...

Thank goodness she is not in any pain. Sitting in the window like that, in the Sun, I wish I was a cat too! No worries at all.

madretz said...

he looks happy to me...sweet fuzzy, I just wanna snuggle w/ him on that warm blanky.

spumoni please.

Mom said...

Watching ice melt is always a soothing activity. Glad the kitties are having a good day.