There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Thursday, June 25, 2009

...Of puppy dog tails.....

Out on the ocean sailing away, I can hardly wait, To see you to come of age, But I guess we'll both, Just have to be patient, Yes it's a long way to go, But in the meantime, Before you cross the street, Take my hand, Life is just what happens to you, While your busy making other plans.

My baby turned 40 today. He was and still is my Beautiful Boy. It seems time doubled its march after he was born. It needs to slow to half time. My baby became a.......

...winner.....



....a husband and father......



....a father's son in every way with the small exception of a name.....


....a brother.....

......what every mother wishes for in a son.....





I love you Gil. I love the little boy you were and the man you have become. I hope you read this one post; I hope you know that every time I say I love you it comes from my heart. I hope you know I will always be here for you in some way. I hope you know how proud I am of you.....proud of your accomplishments, of your honesty and ability to stand up and be accountable.....you are what every mother wishes for in a son. mom



13 comments:

sageweb said...

Oh you are a sweet Mom...Happy Birthday to Gil!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Happy Birthday to him. Sounds like mom did a fine job raising him as well!

kenju said...

You sure know how to make me cry.

I would say the very same things about my boy.

Happy Birthday to Rosemary's Baby!!

jan said...

That was so sweet. My baby will be turning 40 soon. Can I just copy what you wrote and change names and faces. or would that be too tacky?

Mom said...

My baby turned 40 this year too. I find it hard to believe my baby is 40. How the time does fly.
Happy birthday Gil. You have a lovely mother.

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

happy birthday gil..hope you know what a lucky boy you are to have the parents that you have...ya done good rosemary..

jp said...

Let me know when you figure out a way to slow down that time march... it annoys me.

Nice birthday tribute!!

Middle Child said...

That is so lovely...I believe in telling those i love how i feel...and i did with my mum and don... was too young with my dad, but he knew...your son looks like a great guy...congratulations

Shammickite said...

Wow! 40! Wish I was forty again!!!!
Happy Birthday to Rosemary's little baby boy Gil, and I hope he phones his mummy and tells her he loves her as soon as he reads this lovely blog post!

madretz said...

Happy Birthday Gil! Your mom pours the love. Her family is her world!

Congrats Rosemary on such a beautiful family. xxoo

Miss Healthypants said...

Beautiful tribute--Happy Birthday, Gil!! :)

utenzi said...

I know there's some bad history there so maybe if he reads your post it'll help. It's nice when everything works out in the end.

gina said...

This post made me cry.