There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Friday, July 03, 2009

And the winner is.......

Have I mentioned that Gil is in Louisville, Kentucky? No? He is.

Have I mentioned that he is there for the USA Cycling Nationals? No? He is.

Did I mention the race is at Churchill Downs? No? It is.

Did I tell you he placed in the top 20 in his first race? No? Well, he most certainly did.

Did I tell you he and his friend Chris were in the Tandem Race on Wednesday? Did I mention Tandem Racing difficult? No? It is.

DID I TELL YOU THEY WON THE RACE? I DIDN'T?

THEY WON!!!!!





Gil races for Amgen. It is a Master's racing team.....that means, if I understand correctly, it is a team of men that have been racing for awhile, are seasoned racers and have a number of wins around their necks. Yup. That's my boy!!!

Have I mentioned that my daughter-in-law is a saint? She is. Love you, Mariko!


13 comments:

kenju said...

WOW! I AM impressed. Please give him my congratulations.

Sling said...

Have I mentioned how totally awesome that is?..No?..IT IS!

Mom said...

Wow! That is amazing!
Have I mentioned that you have my permission to feel very proud!

CRAIG and DIANE said...

What an accomplishment, and proud you should be!

jan said...

Let's see if you can't muster up some enthusiasm and pride.

Congratulate him from me, the humans and the dogs.

madretz said...

That's awesome! Congratulations! He is a definitely an elite athlete. There's a whole different category of athlete when they actually win a big race like that vs. even entering a race. I'm completely at awe when someone even enters and finishes a race...imagine my amazement when someone places not just top 3, but 1st! Elite!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Congrats! That is extremely cool!

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

holy crap!....that's fantastic and i am very impressed..congrats to everyone..

Cazzie!!! said...

Tandem..omg that is difficult..and hard too!
Well done!

Shammickite said...

Congratulations to Gil and his bike partner for coming out on top, that's really awesome! And Congratulations to his supprt team of wife and family, and yes, mum too, it takes a whole lot of commitment on behalf of the whole family for a big win like that. Awesome, Hooray!

Miss Healthypants said...

Yay, Gil! Congrats!! :)

Middle Child said...

IMpressive, awesome, amazing, an accomplishment,enthusiasm and pride, awesome (again) and cool, holy crap and fantastic, well done, awesome (again) and hooray and congrats...all your commenters have alrerady said what I would have said and i endorse them all

Jennie said...

Hurray for Gil! That's awesome. And he has some awesome legs too. :)