There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Your eyes are not deceiving you....

Taken last week at the end of my driveway. I was trying to get close in on the neighbors turning tree. While it was overcast that morning, take a look at the mountains in the background.

Taken Sunday. Yup, that's right....snow on the same mountains.



Then....to make matters worse, I took this picture of our local ski resort mountain, Schweitzer, on Sunday as well. I'm thinking it's gonna be a long winter. We usually get our first dumping of snow around Thanksgiving. ~Sigh~


13 comments:

Mom said...

It is beautiful, but....

madretz said...

ei yi yi!

Well...it snowed at the hideaway this weekend while we were there. Not much, probably not even 1/8", but it was snow, not hail, not icy rain...

sageweb said...

wow it sure is pretty though.

kenju said...

It looks beautiful now (when it's far away). We have scads of acorns this year. I've heard that means a cold winter.

jan said...

The Sierras got 4 inches of snow over the weekend. Ice Age anyone?

Evil Twin's Wife said...

It looks like a postcard, but I wouldn't want to be there! It's too early for that stuff! :-)

Shammickite said...

WOW, look what happens when I don't visit for a couple of days, you've been blogging like crazy!
You can stand at the end of your driveway and see MOUNTAINS? With SNOW on top? Lovely! You are SO lucky!
Love your post about Steve, he's such a cuddly sweetie isn't he? And that damn fly, is he still buzzing around or did the pink fly swatter finally get to him?

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

i'd kind of like some snow..but then again..having the low be 59 is nice too

Miss Healthypants said...

I know...I'm so sad about the approaching cold weather. Maybe we should both consider moving to a warmer place!! :)

Chris said...

Well, it never snows here, so I can say how beautiful it is! I wish we could get just a little snow.

utenzi said...

I sure hope I don't see any snow around here for at least another 3 months!

Sling said...

..and so it begins.
I remember the two story drifts you guys had last year!

Middle Child said...

Come and stay here - summer is on its way!!!