There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Sunday, November 08, 2009

It has been a few days since I posted....

....and as usual time has moved way too quickly.

Chris was here for a sweet visit.....well sweet for us. Right before she flew up she was rear ended and her little Volvo sports car has 8K worth of damage. She is OK and that is all that really matters. While she was here someone broke into her home and took her laptop, a special wrist watch and went through bedroom drawers. Even with these worrisome events I hope she relaxed a bit and had some fun with her old, crabby parents.....I do know the dogs loved having her here. Doesn't it look like she has a two headed dog on her lap?

The tamarack tree needles changed even though I specifically instructed them to not do that this year and thus allow winter to head south in confusion.

Tamaracks are my favorite trees. They are fragile giants and their needles look like little circular bits of green fluff attached to their long, slender limbs. In late fall, right before winter arrives, those needles turn a gold dust color, fall off and make the ground come alive with color.

Tamaracks come in all shapes and sizes......some small and crooked...

.....some tiny and straight.

They stand out on the hills and mountains rippling like waves across the landscape.



They are teenagers going through a growth spurt.

They are old and stately showing the youngsters how to do the job right.

And then just to really irritate me....my favorite sleeping t-shirt decided to fall apart. The sleeves split open, the neck came off of the body of the shirt and all of the edges raveled. Sometimes it just doesn't pay to get up in the morning.



Time seems to march on in spite of my needing just a few days of catch up.

13 comments:

Jennie said...

You live in such a beautiful place. Sometimes I wish we went west like my hubby wanted to.

Miss Healthypants said...

Now I like Tamaracks, too! :) Lovely pictures, indeed! :)

We were lucky in Chitown this weekend and had a couple of days of temps in the upper 60's--it was WONDERFUL! :) Winter isn't coming yet!--right???? :)

jan said...

I've never heard of Tamaracks. Gee these and two headed dogs. Sort of like the Nature website.

powdergirl said...

We have a lot of tamarack here, it is a really nice tree. I think its the only deciduous needle bearing tree?

As fire wood, you can't beat it, splits like a charm, burns clean, smells almost as nice as a birch fire.

So sorry about Chris's run of bad luck, thats gotta suck to go home and find something like that. Gad she's okay from the rear end accident, though.

Yeah,'crabby old parents',
I doubt that : )

kenju said...

Someday I hope to see those trees in person. I love the shot of the taller tree amid the other pines.

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

we don't have trees like that around here..
sorry about Chris's problems..that sucks..

madretz said...

It has NOT been a good fall for Volvos and their owners, has it? I'm glad that she was ok and I hope she has no problems w/ their insurance. And no probs w/ hers with the break-in. Sigh.

Mom said...

The tamaracks are beautiful. You live in a beautiful place.
So glad Chris could be there in spite of her many woes.

sageweb said...

Oh all the photos are amazing..I love the dogs..soo cute.

Random Thinker said...

You can fix the shirt can't you? The dogs look like they are in heaven.

madretz said...

happy birthday to you happy birthday to you happy birthday dear rosemary happy birthday to you!!!

I don't know the exact date but i know it's in November your "About Me" changed from 64 to 65!

So I'm sending you sloppy wet kisses and massive breath taking hugs!

madretz said...

oh duh. when i went back to your homepage, I saw the countdown ticker to your bday! LOL. This is my problem of being overly focused...which is a nice way to saying i'm unobservant.

well, at least I didn't miss it! :D

Middle Child said...

It is always lovely to have our adult kids about...your daughter looks very relaxed despite the worries...and when the girls are home here, the animals fight for their laps...

beautiful trees