There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Sunday, November 22, 2009

Loving little hands and a sweet heart.....

Two packages arrived this last week. One was from Sachiko and Spencer, the other from Christine. Since I handed down the matriarchal edict of no "store bought" gifts for me and only necessary ones for Steve....with photos always being acceptable....here is what was in those packages.

Hand decorated coffee cups from Sachi and Spencer with a special bowl for Papa were in the first box. I think these children have quite a future in the arts!!!

See.....just for Papa. Steve put it next to his side of the bed and it now holds change, odd washers and screws, a few nails and pocket lint....all very important items to Steve.
We can share this cup...but we won't. This precious cup is on display on the kitchen counter.
Sachi made this cup just for me....with my much loved violets decorating it. I love the special message on the handle. It is sitting next to the cup above.
When Christine asked what her dad needed for his birthday I immediately answered...slippers. The camera shut down when I tried to take a photo of his old ones.....yup, they looked that bad. Here are Steve's feet all toasty and warm in his new fleece lined slippers.


Birthdays can be OK after all.


12 comments:

Barb said...

You are so loved by your family and homemade gifts from grandchildren are the best. What a wonderful surprise the mailman brought you!

Mom said...

I love the homemade treasures i have collected from grandchildren. They give me a warm, fuzzy feeling.
You are loved.

Jennie said...

Such sweet gifts. I'm sure you'll love seeing them prettying up your kitchen!

jan said...

I've done the "no bought gifts" rule too. It may hurt the Chinese economy, but so much more meaning for us.

kenju said...

I love the homemade (with love) gifts, too, and we never use ours to drink from - they might break...LOL

FoxyMoron said...

Just lovely,what special gifts.

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

there is nothing better than home made gifts from kids and grandkids..but i have to say these are exceptional..they really are talented..i love fleece slippers but i can't wear the ones like that i need the ones that are like shoes..but fleece rules..

sageweb said...

Oh how sweet...

cs said...

wow--they did you proud or what? fabulous prezzies--those are the best kind!

Random Thinker said...

Already your favoirte cups aren't they? The slippers came jsut in time for that long cold winter.

Sling said...

Beautiful and functional,and made with love.
What could be better than that?

Miss Healthypants said...

Nice gifts! :)

I hope you had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!--and thanks very much for your all-too-kind comment on my "Many Small Thanksgivings" post. :)