There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I've been naughty....

....and have been crossed off of Santa's list I'm sure. No posts, no blog reading, no nothing really. The speed bump life that is ours has turned into a mountain and our legs are broken. Life is certainly throwing us some curve balls at the moment, but we will survive. AND....it's Christmas!!!!! Let's add some snow to the mix! My dear friend Jennie requested snow photos....really, honest, cross my heart....she did.

To the east off of the balcony.
One of the big trees too close to the house for comfort.

Looking south out the man door from the garage.
The pole building where we have another resident feral cat living in a box with blankets that Steve feeds every day.

Roof of the pole building that will need to be shoveled soon if this snow keeps falling.


North to the not plowed road.
The depth of snow on the driveway.
And just for fun the back window of my car. Nice



If you listen carefully and with the volume way up that ummmph/groan you hear is the snow slowly moving down the roof. It will wait until oh, let's say 3 in the morning to crash off. Another nice. BTW.....I want alternating fat and skinny butt Global Warming Former Vice President Al Gore to shovel my driveway...NOW.


15 comments:

sageweb said...

The pictures are so beautiful ..of course I see beauty and you see cold and extra work..

rosemary said...

sageweb: for all of my bitching...and I do bitch a lot...there is a correctness to the 4 seasons...a rhythm and each season has its own beauty. We get magnificent winter birds in this season, moose come out and bask in the freezing temps, the squirrels are frantic....and the forest sleeps through it all. Yes, it is work and back breaking work, but this is Mother Nature at work and she seems to love winter.

jan said...

When I lived in a snow belt I tried to think of snow as calming and spiritual.

It didn't work.

Sling said...

I.LOVE.SNOW!..I know,it's a huge pain in the butt,but it just makes me feel totally alive.
Gorgeous pictures Rosemary!

Jennie said...

Yay! Love the pictures. The view out my window is so, so, no-snow. It's nice to think it's fallen so beautifully somewhere! We won't see that much snow this entire year. Love the snow on the big trees. Thank you!

Mom said...

Your pictures look Christmas card beautiful.
I guess global warming hasn't come to northern Idaho yet.
Hope you are catching most of those curve balls and throwing them back.

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

oh how beautiful...sigh*...it's low in the 30's and high in the
50's..you should hear them whinning..it's cold..im cold..its freezing..i on the other hand am running around in a tshirt sweating..and saying it's not freezing ..it's 53...it's nippy

powdergirl said...

Very pretty pictures, it ook like that here too.

You've been naughty?

Atta girl!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Since I don't live there, I can enjoy the beauty of it. We usually get dumped on later in the year. Sometimes, it's like yours. I hope not this year!! :-)

kenju said...

It looks gorgeous - as long as it stays there. We are supposed to get some over the weekend. I wish I could fly south!

Random Thinker said...

Glad to see you back. Thought maybe you hit it big on one of those slot machines. Beautiful snow. I know it gets old after awhile though.

madretz said...

Looks like a great time to hunker down w/ a good book or 4. heehee!

Stay warm during that crazy Idaho winter and take the opportunity to snuggle w/ Steve and the fur family!

So glad you posted, you've been missed! xoxo

Miss Healthypants said...

Yikes!--that's a lot of snow!!

We haven't gotten hit that hard here--YET. I'm SURE it's coming, though...grrr....

:)

Violet said...

Beautiful... I am ready for some snow; goodness knows it has been cold enough here for it!

Shammickite said...

YOUR snow is very pretty and Christmassy.
MY snow is horrible!