There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Friday, February 26, 2010

A career in blogging....let's vote.

Steve and I were talking yesterday about my blog. It all started with seeing Pioneer Woman on one of the morning shows. Steve said "You should do that, honey....you know write about living in Idaho and make lots of money." and I said What do you think I do now; write about Florida?  He pointed out that I posted photos of bear poop, moose butts and talked about turkey poop.  His point was; no one could possibly find those photos/topics interesting and might find it icky. SO................let's see a show of hands.  Who liked the poop post?  My point exactly....everyone.

I told him when he wrote an award winning blog that was turned into either a movie or a TV show I would follow his lead and try to do the same.  Let's see a show of hands.....who wants to read a blog about Steve's tractor, how much snow he plowed, biscuit joiners, drill bits and what's in the sale papers of every local market, Staples, and Home Depot?  Again, my point exactly....no one (sling, your vote doesn't count.....because you would probably side with Steve.) 


Thanks for your show of support.  You are all brilliant. 



17 comments:

sageweb said...

i AM on your side!!

jan said...

A classic example of marital democracy in action. Well done.

jp said...

How did I miss this post about poop? You don't know how long I've been waiting for this!

Barb said...

You see tracters, snow, tools etc. every day. Not so with moose and wildlife. They are special just like you Rosemary! I love looking at your blog.

Sling said...

I'd love to see a post about Steve scooping up bear poop with his tractor!..just sayin'

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

I'm with you..but then if steve rode around on his tractor in the nude..I might....nah, never mind..

Mom said...

I love every thing you write about - including poop. If Steve writes a blog about the joy of diving his tractor I'll read that too.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Another vote for YOU!

kenju said...

Another vote for YOU, Rosemary!

I saw Ree on TV, and she was good, but not all of us can do what she did - and who cares? I'd like to make money for my blogging, since I spend so much time at it....but I know it isn't going to happen...lol

powdergirl said...

Well, I do really like tractors, its the farm girl in me : ), but poop is waaay better.

Steve! Don't not start with the wife, you will not win : D

Middle Child said...

Don't even mention tractors to me gaaargh! Our olf tractor/slasher cost me about $500 to fix every time it got used, after Don died - he couldn't d it but he knew all about them - so I ended up selling it for a pittance and its worked out cheaper.

Of course Sling would agree but see how he as cleverly combined yours and Steve's interests

Shrinky said...

If you promise to keep Steve from ever posting in here, I'll take my chances and come back in search of moose poop - is that a deal?

Miss Healthypants said...

I loved your poop post! *smiles*

And no, I don't want to hear about that other "Steve stuff"--I love your usual blog topics. :)

Jennie said...

I don't know how I missed this post. I'm just glad I did. I don't want to alienate Steve before I have the chance to meet him. (psst-I liked the poop.)

madretz said...

ROTFLOL!! Does Steve know that PW blogs about castrated calf nuts? Your moose and bear poop are perfectly acceptable!
Keep posting the poop, you never know what'll happen! And tell steve if he wants to castrate any of those moose or bears, I'm sure you'll be on GMA soon, too!

gina said...

And to think....wasn't I the one who got you into blogging in the first place? So, if you get on GMA and get famous, do I get a cut? :-) Just saying...

xoxoxo

more cowbell said...

I wish we all could make money off this gig! My mom once told me I wrote like a young Erma Bombeck and should try to get published. On the other hand, she also told me that Sarah Palin reminded her of me, after SP's very first speech. Yeah. Kind of nullifies the whole thing. And makes me want to bang my head repeatedly on a rock.