There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Does a bear......

....poop in the woods? Well, yes he does....and on the way to the woods he poops in my yard. I know you all are just thrilled with these photos......bear poop in Idaho is called scat and while it may be icky to look at it is important to see it.

So who cares about scat? Well, I do because at least one bear is out of hibernation and was busy looking for food in our bird feeders that are no longer outside. Along with bear scat there is turkey poop e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e.  It is just plain old poop and giving it a special name would not change it. We have at least 17 turkeys wandering around the yard scratching at the ground where the feeders used to hang and making a HUGE mess.

Then....the doves returned, we had two geese in the yard probably totally confused about the month/time of year, and Blossom the barn kitty was sitting in front of the pole building right in front of a squirrel that was squawking.  Winter is confused, Spring is waiting for the curtain to go up and only God knows what is going to happen to summer!




I didn't think anything could top all of this, but what should appear in the yard Sunday.......Baby moose.......


.......and momma moose close by.  Happy Winter and Spring all wrapped up in February!
















13 comments:

jan said...

I always wondered when a bear knew it was time to stop hibernating. Guess it's when it's time to take a dump in Rosemary's yard.

sageweb said...

bummer about the poop but cool about the moose. or meese??anyways very cool and you got photos as proof...not that I wouldnt have believed you.

Miss Healthypants said...

I actually find all that animal stuff (even poop) kinda interesting. When I went to a nature & science (AKA nerd) camp in 8th grade, we disected owl pellets (hairballs they threw up) to find out what the owl had eaten. I actually found it pretty interesting.

And HOW COOL to have a baby moose in your yard! :) I envy the nature in your neighborhood.

Mom said...

Once again I see proof that shit happens - and it happens in rosemary's yard.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

That is soooo cool!

kenju said...

I'd rather see moose than bear!!

Barb said...

Those are the things I miss living in Spokane. I do see a moose once in awhile but not like when I lived in Sandpoint. You are so lucky to have all those different species in your yard even though they make a mess.
Love the moose pic!!!!

Jennie said...

Wow that's exciting! Love the pictures. I can't imagine seeing those things in my yard. We saw a family of skunks once and were agape for days.

Random Thinker said...

How nice, on two accounts.... one, to be so close to nature. We wanted to see a moose so badly in Yellowstone but never did. Here you have not one, but two, in your backyard. Two... spring is right around the corner.

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

least it wasn't the pope that was pooping in the woods..

madretz said...

i love the moose. mooses. i could look it up i suppose. I'm pretty sure it's not mooces, though! :) shall we anticipate moose poop pictures?

Middle Child said...

What a big lump of poop!!!

more cowbell said...

I just want to say I found this post fascinating, and I think your first book should be entitled, "Does the Pope Poop in the Woods".