There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Friday, February 05, 2010

I can see God....

Have I ever told you the full moon is beautiful? In Idaho? When the sky is clear and the moon is round and perfect I feel like I am in heaven....not looking at heaven but there....right next to God. 

When the sky is clear and the stars are bright if I had a ladder I could climb up and touch the stars.  I could reach up and take one for my pleasure.  I could roll it around in my hands and I know music would begin.  I just know it. 

Have I told you that once when the moon was full and I was driving home I turned off my headlights and could see the road perfectly.  There was no one else on the road, no danger, because it was as if I was driving on the road to heaven....really into heaven. 

If I could I would sleep on the roof every night and put my feet up in the Big Dipper; I would tickle the moon and make that man smile, I would listen to those stars making music.  I would if I could.....because I am closer to heaven in Idaho.  I am. I just know it.  I can see it, feel it, hear it......right here in Idaho. 



15 comments:

sageweb said...

That is wonderful and adorable!

jan said...

I think you have the beginning of an award winning book.

Jennie said...

That was lovely...I want to be there.

jp said...

I once drove with my headlights off, but that was because I was drunk and forgot to turn them on.

cs said...

Hey Ro:
I am out every morning at 5am taking the Tiwnks for their potty break-the stars and heavens were glorious--it is such a treat to see the midnight sky with brilliant lights. Yes maam--we have it good up here.

Mom said...

Someday I will come to northern Idaho and enjoy your clear sky with it's view of God

kenju said...

That was beautiful, Rosemary!

I remember doing the same thing on my way home from a bridge game back on the 70's, during an October harvest moon.

Perfect Mommy said...

The sky is all sparkly. Or is that dust on my screen? (wipe, wipe). Nope, that's the Idaho sky all shiny and decorated with a bright, beautiful moon.

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

I am goofy like that about clouds..people are used to driving down the roads in West and finding me parked along side the road leaning on my truck and looking up at the skys...one guy thought I had truck problems and stopped to offer help..I said no...just looking at the clouds..wish I had a camera so I could have taken a picture of the look on his face.

Random Thinker said...

Ah. Perfect Mommy was me. She's my alter ego.

powdergirl said...

I miss the night sky in my prairie home province, you can see the whole sky. And the sunsets. I've never seen a famed Hawai'ian sunset to rival the prairie version.

Sling said...

That was poetry right there!..Just lovely. :)

Middle Child said...

You have described exactly how I feel about the night sky and the moon...I used to lay out in the yard on the grass late at night in summer when we spent as much time as we could outside and just dream the stuff you just said

madretz said...

you gave me goosebumps...i love the moon. maybe one day, i'll see your idaho heaven moon.

Miss Healthypants said...

Rosemary, that was absolutely beautiful!

Beautiful imagery & poetry...thanks for sharing! :)