There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Oh where, oh where has my little blog gone.....

It seems that a nasty virus spent a lot of time nibbling at my computer, Annie.  She is so cranky now I can't stand her and I am the Queen of Cranky.  I took her to Gina's Computer Emergency Room (I'm not going to link Gina because she almost never blogs and most of my visitors are friends with her on Facebook) and she performed a virusectomy and did an anti-virus transplant.  Annie is virus free now but is just slow and well, cranky.

I have changed the name of my town...a few weeks ago I lived in Sandpuddle.  Now I live in Swamp-point.  It is just soggy, puddley and rainy. Every. Single. Day. The only bright spot in the last few weeks was Chris' visit.  She brought her friend Alise and the house was alive with fun and laughter.  My daughter has a wicked sense of humor and she managed to bring Steve out of his grumpy mood the moment we picked her up at the airport.  She needs to move here....permanently.

Here they are snowboarding at Schweitzer (Photo stolen from Chris' Facebook page). And below that we are all at Starbucks having lattes before hitting the little shops on the main drag through town.  Their favorite place to shop? Cabin Fever.  Alise bought a pair of boots, jeans and a tank top.  Chris and I just browsed and contained our urge to buy anything.  All in all it was a great time and I miss my girl more than I can express.  Kiss, kiss Christine Marie.







11 comments:

cs said...

I need a mud room for the Twinkies before entering the house...it's awful down here too! Hate this stuff....

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

50's today with lots of sun and rain for the rest of the week...i love those pictures...and i really missed you.

Cazzie!!! said...

Shame about the pc virus.
Looks like life is going well, and catching up with great friends is certinly always a great healhty thing :)

gina said...

Where was the photographer standing to take that photo of you guys at Starbucks, on the table?

Every day I intend to blog, and every day I get caught up in other distractions (Farmville, for one) and don't get to it. :-(

I'm glad you got your photos uploaded, but we really do need to figure out why your PC is SOOOOO slow. I will give Annie her follow-up checkup on Monday. Come a little early if you can to give me more time. We'll get you back on the road to a full recovery! :-)

Not so swampy at my house, thankfully.

sageweb said...

good to hear your computer is getting better. The pictures look fun...but cold.

Mom said...

Your snow has gone south. Tennessee is covered with snow, so is Maryland.

Jennie said...

Looks like a nice time. We have a bit of snow here and there, but nuttin exciting.

powdergirl said...

You have a very beautiful family, Rosemary.

Yeah, just a big soupy mess around here too, yesterday the dog walked through the house like, 500 times, with muddy paws. Tsk. I need someone on full time mop-duty. Its not like I can tell the old girl to wipe her feet, she just looks at me and asks if I've been drinking, when I ask her that.

madretz said...

sounds like u both had a great time w/ your girl and her friend! I used to snowboard, not sure if could now.

glad to hear that Annie is feeling better even if she's cranky.

Miss Healthypants said...

Cute pictures! :) Glad you had fun with Chris and her friend Alise.

And as for the swampland you're living on? Just be grateful the temperatures are not in the teen's right now! :) :)

Middle Child said...

Hasn't Steve got a wonderful head of white hair - I was always a sucker for the long haired bearded ones - obviously you are as well - lovely times Rosemary