There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Tucked into a heart.

My Christmas photos from Gil came a little late this year.....some glitch or a snafu. But when they arrived there was this little family smiling at me from beautifully framed photos. The top two photos are similar to the ones I received.....and then Gil sent me the link so I could view all of the pictures that were taken. Mariko's whole family participated and I wish I could post some of those special moments but I would need dozens of OK's so can't do that. Take my word for it.....great photos.


As I was browsing through all of the shots what should I see tucked in at oh, numbers 34 and 17 and maybe 248 but the photos below. The photographer captured something in Gil and his family that I think is amazing.  I don't want to sound arrogant or overly boastful...but I will.......if these photos don't almost move you to tears then you need to polish your heart. See.....makes me want to cry....and I am.



Then added to my heart..... that was swelling up like a Valentine balloon, I got a call from Gil telling me that Sachiko won an award at school for her "Reflections Art" creation.  THEN, add to that the request of her principal..... she asked Sachiko to "gift" the painting to her so she could hang it in her office.  Yup, this is my family....my kid, my daughter-in-law, my granddaughter and my grandson.  Life is full of blessings in the dark of winter. 


rosemary


14 comments:

sageweb said...

Those are amazing pictures..what a gorgeous family!
And what a cool artist that is in the family.

jan said...

What a sweet little family and talent that must have come from grandmother.

Random Thinker said...

What a beautiful family. Their love and happiness is so obvious.

powdergirl said...

Oh! They're beautiful !

I can see a lot of love and joy in the group shots, but I gotta tell ya' the last one captures something so sweet and introspective in the pretty girls posture and expression...love it.

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

they are absolutely beautiful..the Goddess has blessed you.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Those pictures are amazing! All really great and touching shots!

Sling said...

They are gorgeous Rosemary!

Mom said...

So very precious!

Jennie said...

Great pictures, beautiful family. I really love Sachiko's painting. I can see why the principal wanted it, I do too!

Middle Child said...

You can see the love and happiness...makes it all well worthwhile - You must feel so happy inside to see these

jp said...

She should've sold that picture to the highest bidder. College tuition = paid.

kenju said...

Rosemary, they are a lovely family and I don't blame you for being proud!!

madretz said...

Very special photos, Rosemary. I can see why they touch your heart.

Miss Healthypants said...

Those are beautiful pictures! The photographer really captured some lovely moments. :)