There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Monday, March 15, 2010

Odds and ends all tied up with a pretty bow.....

Remember that painting of Sachi's that her school Principal asked for as a gift so she could frame and hang it in her office? TAAA-DAAA....here it is.  So what do you think?  Pretty special I'd say. 

Then on the way back from the dump (AKA Colburn Mall for all of the cool stuff people throw away and other people take home...and it's on Colburn-Culver road) Steve spotted this mommy moose and her baby.  If I knew how to zoom in with my phone camera you might be able to tell where they are....so....you'll have to make it bigger.  I'd bet these are the two that were in our yard.  Moose don't travel far from their home base. 
And of course the Bambis are back snorting and acting nasty as usual.  There were 13 of them fighting over 5 pans of corn last week. 


Frick and Frack in an I love you moment.  They rarely nap together and Violet is so jealous of Petey she has been seen sitting on him and nipping at his face at meal time. 
See the pretty teal leash dangling from Petey's collar?  It is a permanent fixture/bling.  It only comes off at night when he goes into his crate to sleep.  As long as that leash is on him he doesn't potty in the house...don't know how long he will have to wear it...but, he has had two chances so far to have it taken off and he blew it.  The leash thing worked with Goldberry (our Lhasa Apso) but it took two years.  I hope Petey is smarter than Goldie. 
See... pretty bow.




21 comments:

jan said...

Sitting on and bitey face are actually means of affection in the dog world. They sure look like they love each other in this photo.

BTW, I understand moose poop is the thing in jewelry. You are sitting on a gold mine.

sageweb said...

how does the leash stop the dog from peeing in the house...I am amazed!

rosemary said...

Jan: you'd have to see Violet in action with Petey....particularly at meal time. But, I am sure she does love him.

Sageweb: I don't remember the why and how the leash thing works. Goldberry's vet at the time told us to do that. For what ever reason it just works.

Random Thinker said...

That looks like a Van Goh painting only more cheerful. Bright, vivid colors with confident strokes.

gina said...

I agree with RAndom that it looks very Van Gogh-ish only cheerier - like something Van Gogh would have painted had he not been insane and given to removing body parts and giving them to prostitutes.

I still insist that your babies are at least half, if not more, Bichon. Maybe they are Bichoodles (I made that up). Their noses are pink, just like Riley's gets in the winter. I'll bet they get black in the summer, right? And they don't have the pointy snouts that Poodles have. And then there are the tails... just saying. Anyway, that said, Bichons can be stinkers about peeing in the house. That's why Riley now has a doggie door - so he can come and go at his leisure while we're gone. That leash idea is interesting...wonder why it works.

kenju said...

How in the world did you train him that the leash means not going in the house???!!

kenju said...

And the painting looks lovely! What a perk for Sachi!

rosemary said...

Gina...love it ....Bichoodles!! Violet's nose is always pink...Petey's changes like you said.

Kenju. No clue about the leash really. If the dogs are naughty we usually put them in the garage. Didn't work with Petey so I just put the leash on him and presto! No poop in the house.

powdergirl said...

The painting is fabulous, I particularly love the styling of the tree, she must be so proud!

You guys get to scavenge at the landfills?
Holy crap, they shoot you for that around here!

Absolutely not permitted! And you see really great stuff there all the time, people chuck brand new looking mountain bikes, new furniture, name it, but there it stays!

Its a shame really, becasue at the same time, my area is hugely into recycling of everything else... go figure.

Barb said...

I liked the Colburn Mall. I remember when John bought home a whole box of Ked sneakers for me one time. Must have been at least 6 pairs. LOL

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

oh my Goddess...that is a terrific painting..she is so talented..wow!

frick and frack..I thought i was the only one that used those names in a sentence..that's what i used to call my 2 sons after their little escapades..

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Beautiful painting! She's very talented. I love the dogs sleeping on the couch, too. So cute.

Mom said...

You are the grandmother of a seriously talented artist.
Your part of the world is such a beautiful place. I am going to come see it one day.

Jennie said...

I Love That Painting. Couldn't she copy it? I'd buy a print! Great outdoor pics.

madretz said...

i was thinking the same about it being a happy van gough. very cool painting, i'm sure the principle will treasure it for a very long time.

Totally ROTFLOL abt the "mall", we had a similar one in the desert where I grew up.

Cazzie!!! said...

What a talented girl she is! I love the colours nin that painting, no wonder the Principal wanted it in her office :)
Amazing to see the Bamni's too, I love seeing your World.

FoxyMoron said...

Love that painting!

I wonder if that leash would work on a human???? ;)

Sling said...

Everyone took the Van Gogh comment I was going to make,but the style is remarkably similar.
Has she seen his work?

rosemary said...

All of the Van Gogh-ers....I talked to Gil yesterday and Sachi is a lover of his work....she was inspired by him. I absolutely love the carefree look of the painting and the colors.....it is a masterpiece.

Miss Healthypants said...

All so cool! :)

And I echo what Sageweb said--how in the heck DOES the leash stop the dog from peeing in the house?? That truly amazes me, too. :)

Middle Child said...

What a happy smiling face she has and that painting is so bright and cheerful - it'd do justice to any wall - you must be proud