There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Thursday, May 06, 2010

Bark, bark, baowow- wow sniff....

So.....here's the scoop on my doggie quest. Two friends...Delci Ruth and Barb...have taken on the monumental job of trying to find the perfect doggie for me. They have been haunting Craig's List not once but many times a day for any new listings for Labs. I have sent out close to two dozen...as in 2 dozen...emails, made two phone calls and what have I gotten. A dog? That would be no. Of all of the emails I sent only one person replied and that dog, that did not have a photo in the ad, didn't even closely resemble a lab or lab mix when a picture was included in the reply email. All it would take is a "The dog has been adopted," or a "You are too old for a 1 year old dog." or "We want 4 thousand bucks for our dog so send a check first." response. Is that too much to ask? I guess so.

Of course there are hundreds of lab puppies for sale....priced anywhere from 200 bucks to 700.  I don't have that kind of money and Steve absolutely will not "buy" a dog.  ~Sigh~

Along with Delci Ruth and Barb, Gina is looking, Stacy, Stephanie from the vet's office, the lady that manages our pathetic retirement account, the neighbor across the street, Kathy our former perfect neighbor and I am thinking of asking the greeters and checkers at WallieWonderWorld to keep their eyes and ears open.

I will visit the shelter this weekend and if by Sunday I am still big dog-less I think I will back off for a while. Here are a few of the doggies that I have fallen in love with via Craig's List....Sammy, a mother and daughter pair that can't be separated and Wesley. No, they aren't chocolate labs but I have reached the point of...black, yellow, rainbow or green coloring would be fine.

9 comments:

Jan said...

I think you are trying too hard. Just relax and the Dog God will grant your wish when you least expect it.

Mom said...

Your dog will come. Be patient.

sageweb said...

Oh dear, you need to drive down to LOng Beach this weekend..we are having a big pet adoption thingee..there are plenty of Labs or lab mixes in the shelter..and they are such gorgeous babies.

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

i'm in touch with the goddess..she says you need to widen your search..not in distance..but in doggies..go to the shelter and walk it..your dog will find you.

Barb said...

Maybe you could frame those lab pics and talk to them every day until a real lab comes your way. Look on the bright side, pictures don't require feeding or walking. I know some day soon your puppy will enter your life. patience Rosemary!

kenju said...

A god friend of mine has 2 black labs. She can't take them for walks together, because she can't control
200 pounds of dogs!

gina said...

I'm kind of feeling a Wesley in your future... ;-)

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Awww. You will find the perfect pup when you least expect it. Keep looking!

Jennie said...

A black lab is the first dog I knew. My grandmother's dog Daisy.