There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A barking story....

Neener, neener, neener, I've got a new doggie and you don't have one....neener.

Say hello to Wesley Jackson Olsen...my new little boy doggie. Remember the post where I was whining and complaining about not finding a dog? Well, thanks to Delci Ruth and Barb who both sent me the same link I found Wesley.

He used to live with a young couple in Airway Heights, WA. The former dad is in the Navy and currently someplace secret training for all things weather; the former mom works and lives with her in laws. Wesley was their "baby" having been purchased shortly after they were married. He was leaving the military when, as happens in the military, they made him an offer he couldn't refuse......a wheelbarrow full of money, a much higher rank and lots of meteorological schooling....in Biloxi and then in Germany. They decided to find a second forever home for their much loved boy, Wesley.

Their ad was full of adorable photos and glowing things about Wesley so I responded only to get an email back saying their hearts were breaking thinking of giving Wesley away and they were surprised that someone actually answered the ad....they decided to take him with them. Later the same day another email arrived saying she had actually looked into the taking Wesley with them thing and not only would it cost them that wheelbarrow full of money plus some extra, it would mean 60 days of quarantine; 30 days in the USA and 30 in Germany. Wesley was back on the market.

One play date later, followed by trip to a place so far out in the Heights it doesn't have an address, one HUGE crate loaded into the back of the car along with assorted toys and a food tote....Wesley came to live in his forever home....here with me and Steve and our little family of doggies and kitties.

We have some adjusting to do....Mimi Louise who is usually bitchy, hissy and  mean to every living thing is in hiding; Emma is not leaving the snorage room; Guido is becoming a little more curious and coming out from the snorage room and surprise! Fuzz is taking Wesley head on with chases and raised fur!

Wesley already loves the forest, is sort of obeying when called back from chasing the Bambis, is not allowed to chase the turkeys either although I sure wish I could let him do that,  has air peed on probably 30 or 40 trees today alone and is just an all over wonderful doggie.  He is so black he looks blue, has no other markings, is a big one-and-a-half-year-old Lab mix (he goes to the vet today and we will get more info on that mix thing....the former parents said English Bulldog but I'm putting my money on Great Dane alert: Wesley is a Lab/Hound mix) and we love him to pieces.  He will be Steve's boy that is already obvious and he will love me because I feed him and rub his tummy.  Kiss, kiss Wesley Jackson Olsen.
































18 comments:

Jan said...

Oh, Rosemary, I am so happy for you, for Steve, for Westley and for his former family.

I got three of my dogs from people who could no longer keep them and they were so happy to find a good home for their babies.

Not so happy for the cats, but oh, well, not everything works out for everyone.

CRAIG and DIANE said...

One word...."ADORABLE" !!!!

Congratulations on the new family member. I know he will be loved beyond measure. He is one lucky doggie!

Mom said...

Hello Wesley, welcome home.
Rosemary, check my blog for my very good news.

Barb said...

Congratulations Wesley. You have the best home ever. You can do anything you want and you will never get sent away from your new home. And hey, mellow out with the other cats. They will get used to you eventually. Maybe not Mimi though. She's a tough kitty.

sageweb said...

Oh you made tears come to my eye..my good eye..I am so happy for you and for Wesly!!

Random Thinker said...

He's beautiful. You all are so lucky to find each other.

FoxyMoron said...

He's a lovely dog and so lucky to have found you guys.

gina said...

Can't wait to meet him! He is a cutie. And if Ali can adjust to Riley, I know your gang will adjust even quicker to Wesley. Thanks again for the t-shirt. It is AWESOME!

Jennie said...

Oh he is sweet! Congratulations, it looks like your prayers were answered!

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

oooh he's named after me..ha..jackson was what my daddy called me..and wow..he is blue..im so happy for you...


ps. let him chase the turkeys

Evil Twin's Wife said...

What a cutie! He doesn't even know how lucky he is yet!

Barb said...

I know why his middle name is Jackson. Don't I Rosemary? Should have gotten a Browne Lab LOL

Miss Healthypants said...

Wesley is a gorgeous boy!! :)

Congrats to you on the new addition to your family! :) :)

kenju said...

He's very handsome, Rosemary! Congratulations to all of you; Wesley is a lucky boy.

Shammickite said...

I'm so pleased that you have got the kind of dog you wanted, and I'm sure that Wesley is pleased too. he looks like the kind of dog that appreciates long long walks in the forest and rolling in mud so you're goung to have a great time with him. Those naughty kitties of yours will soon settle down and grow to... well, not exactly love him, but tolerate him! Happy days are ahead!

Middle Child said...

What a lovely doggie he is...and those eyes look so kindly and knowing - I am hooked...miss my old one so much...

madretz said...

Congratulations Rosemary and Steve on the new love of your lives! He's adorable!

Misti said...

Congratulations on your dog adoption. Wesley's certainly handsome, and I'm sure he'll be spoiled rotten in no time. ;)