There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Lazy spring days

The days are getting longer and warmer. Nights make for stuffy sleeping. Fuzzy ate the forest violets I had collected; salad for him I guess. They are starting to fade so I will have to collect and protect them after today's walk. The summer ferns are just popping up through the forest floor. Steve and I have been watching for them every day for weeks. They decided to be lazy this year and are arriving a bit late.

Since becoming Wesley's new and forever mommy I have been walking three times a day. I have lost some weight, have less of an appetite for some reason, but that's good, and I am sleeping better. See what a young doggie can do? I just wish Steve would go with me on all three walks, but he keeps himself chained to his office chair looking and looking for a cure for last years pox and I can only pry him out of his nasty office once a day.

Steve's brother came for a 5 day visit. It was an interesting time. He lost his wife to cancer 5 years ago and over those years he quit his job and now spends most of his time with his 2 poodles. That he came for a visit was an exercise out of his safety box that's for sure.

My daughter Chris and grandson Christopher put interesting and meaningful quotes on their FaceBook pages every day. The ones below made me really think and ponder some areas of my life.
From Christopher:
Being Happy is such a complicated thing and yet one of the most simple desires. If something makes me unhappy I try to be grateful that I was blessed to care for something enough for it to make me sad. Then after the appropriate time I try to not let it affect me too much because then it has won"

You can explore the universe looking for somebody who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself. You will not find that person anywhere.

From Christine:
Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to.

If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.

Now onto the real rosemary....

I have to wear a bra the whole time someone is visiting...well, except for those times when Chris is here. A bra is annoying most of the time.

I want to do some projects this summer like put tile in the downstairs bathroom, see if we can carpet the snorage room ourselves (probably not), wash the windows (but that one is not a project it is punishment), see if I really can grow something edible in our garden, mentally adjust to the thought of taking a road trip with the truck and camper and three dogs, plan some sort of inexpensive but meaningful trip for our 25th anniversary......those are for starters. Did you know that 25 years is the longest Steve and I have been married to anyone...actually 10 years has that distinction too. We had to make a few mistakes and kiss a few frogs.

Speaking of frogs, there is one living under the lid of the propane tank...and he is absolutely adorable. He is brown and has freckles and is tiny and likes to have his back touched.....he stretches his front legs out when I do that. I am making an assumption with that but he could hop away, right?

That's it for now......I know I am tardy with blog reading and will catch up I promise.

12 comments:

Jan said...

Glad to hear that Westley is having an impact on your physical well being.

That is one lucky frog. My dogs think that frogs are the most marvelous toys ever. They don't really hurt them, they just terrify the poor things.

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

get a leash and put it on steve and jerk his ass out for a walk..he'll be glad you did..ha\
what lovely quotes from the kids..

Mom said...

Sounds like Wesley was just exactly what you needed.
I do read some wonderful and wise things on facebook. Your kids had a couple of good ones.

Barb said...

Well you kissed a few frogs before but just don't kiss the one under your propane lid. Even though Stevie is a hermit in his office I don't think you want to trade him in by kissing another frog. You might be sorry at what you get. LOL

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I love lazy spring days! I'm glad Wesley is bringing you so much joy.

kenju said...

"A bra is annoying most of the time."

For me, it is annoying ALL the time!

Photo of the frog, please.

FoxyMoron said...

What a great post! The quotes from your daughter and grandson are amazing.

Froggy sounds so cute. I love that you love animals just like we do.

Jennie said...

I don't like not wearing bras. FYI. I feel the blog world must know this. Anyway, I'm happy for you and Wesley. And I liked the quotes, especially Christopher's second one.

Random Thinker said...

I hate bras and I hate wearing panties too. But I do both when necessary.

Miss Healthypants said...

I hate having to wear a bra, too...it seems that the best times in my life is when I don't have to wear one (and I don't mean that to sound dirty). *grin*

madretz said...

aweee! scratches behind the ear for wesley from me please! and you can tickle that brown froggie from me, too.

Middle Child said...

Am with you re the bra ...as soon as its comming on evening and I can get out of it - i have to...then feel I can breathe...was told once never to wear underwire as it restricts the Lymph glands and also not to wear one whan I don't have to like in the evening at home -