There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Monday, June 07, 2010

This and that while it rains and rains and rains and then rains somemore!

Ho hum. I am slowly acquainting myself with my new computer, Gabriella.  Yesterday I also perused Facebook and added a bunch of photos.  Yup, it is raining and has been for almost two weeks.  We have had two days of sun...barely.  I mowed the lawn one of those days....or rather I skimmed the marsh with what someone looking at the yard would guess was a machete.  The ground is pure mush and mud.  More rain predicted.

So, here are the photo results of my fun filled days:

I stole a photo from my daughter's Facebook page.  Here are Christopher, Christine and Tyler this last weekend.  Christopher was in So Cal for a visit.  They are a gorgeous bunch of people if I do say so myself.














This is Tyler's new car.  I think it is pretty cool looking and totally fits Tyler's personality (photo stolen from Ty's Facebook page).


We took this photo with Gabriella this morning before I had even thought about brushing my hair.  Last night I accidentally turned off my computer when it was supposed to stay on for backup.  Steve had to fix it and while he waited for Gabriella to decide if she wanted to recognize the backup drive he discovered this photo feature.  It was the first thing he showed me after we got up.














This is the Chinese symbol for Book Lover (I think it is Chinese...but I might be wrong). 





I took this photo a while back of a tree in front of our vet's office.  I love how this moss takes advantage of the tree trunk....good sharing I'd say. 














While sitting at the kitchen table this morning we watched/listened to Good Morning America.  Joan Rivers was one of the guests.  She was talking very honestly about her multiple plastic surgeries.  She made a comment that went something like:  If you are unhappy with the way you look FIX IT!  Steve asked me if I was happy with the way I looked and I said no.....he asked why.....So I honestly said I didn't like my saggy parts and the wrinkles on my face.  His solution?  "Well, sweetheart, just grow a beard.  Can you see my wrinkles and sags?"  Thanks honey.....great suggestion.

Question: Why does the spacing get screwed up every time  I post a blog?  I spend more time trying to get stuff to just fit than I do writing the damn post.  

13 comments:

Random Thinker said...

Facebook is the best place to steal photos. Great pic of you and Steve. He's right. He's not saggy or wrinkly.

Mom said...

I love the picture of you and Steve. Picture sharing is one of the parts about facebook. It has been in the 90s here, hot, humid summer days. You should come visit.

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

i steal from facebook all the time..does that make me a criminal? hope not..i love the pictures you stole..and please..can i have some of your rain..? more days of high 90's to 100 here..sigh*

kenju said...

I steal photos from there too, mostly of my grandkids.

I complained about blogger and the spacing on my blog in my own comments today. A friend said she'd show me how to do it (write code), so if I learn, I'll tell you how.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Facebook is great for photos! I love seeing families. :-)

Jennie said...

Love all the pictures. You have some gorgeous children and grandchildren. The faces!

Miss Healthypants said...

Ha ha! Your hubby makes me laugh...sounds like something my hubby would say. :)

Sling said...

I get most of my pix of the Slinglets from Facebook.
They're easy to steal and save for future bloggage.
I like the photo feature pic of you and Steve!
The spacing problem on Blogger drives me nuts.It's usually only a problem if you're posting pictures.
I go into HTML and backspace everything till it fits.

Shammickite said...

I've never used facebook so I can't comment on the picture sharing capabilities, but I do like the one of you and Steve looking down from the sky.
Rainy here too for the past few days, Grass is growing, and I have no time to cut it. It'll be up past the windowsills soon.
Tyler's your grandson?
My DIL works with Joan Rivers from time to time (Shopping Channel, selling Joan Rivers stuff) says she's a total b...h.

Middle Child said...

Tell Steve that its quite likely you will grow a granny beard one day and would he be happy for you to leave it there???Still laughing - and I like the photos especially that one of you and your Steve...

madretz said...

you and steve look absolutely adorable and so very in love in that picture. Nice bridge, too! :D

FoxyMoron said...

What a lovely photo of the two of you.
Below zero temps here overnight. Hope you're enjoying your Summer!

more cowbell said...

oh hell yeah, you're not a real FBer until you steal some pics. Better yet, tag those suckers!

also, you look beautiful without even brushing your hair. Seriously, that pic of you and Steve is great.

Also, do not, under any circumstances, grow a beard.