There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Tuesday, July 06, 2010

A little bit later.....

Today was a good day. I kissed Steve, the kitties and the dogs. I cleaned the house....upstairs and down. That's been cleared as an OK activity. Then I mowed the weeds lawn using the walk behind for about ten minutes. That has not been OK'd thus the ten minute time period. I feel almost normal.  I'll be tired later, but hopefully that elusive thing called sleep will find me tonight.

I totally avoided calling the hospital to see if someone...anyone....cleared me for cardiac rehab.  Long story there but several people dropped the cardiac ball and none of those several were me.  I figure I got lots of rehab today and if you could see what I was eating....well, you'd think I was lying about the whole heart attack/stent thing.  I'm trying that's for sure.


I have a lot of blog reading to catch up on but I will be honest; I am having trouble concentrating.  I usually sit in my rocker in the evening and do sudoku puzzles or read while Steve watches mindless crap on TV, but I can't seem to stay focused on either of those activities.   I am still a bit pre-occupied with trying to picture those stents in my heart and wondering if the twinges I am still having is that pesky 70% occluded vessel talking to me.  Of course I worry just to worry, but money issues are always floating in my brain along with other things like: should I cut my hair or not, try to clean the carpets or just leave the stains alone,  can I somehow make 5 dollars 10 using my mind only, am I too old to wear those bohemian gauzy blouses, should I start getting tax stuff ready, will the idiot politicians pass the unemployment extension and would it really do any good to email those  idiots with my thoughts about their no votes.......see, silly worrying that distracts me. 

But for right now, today was a good day and I will kiss Steve, the kitties and the doggies good night.


12 comments:

kenju said...

I don't think any of those things will have a bearing on your day to day life - so forget them and quit worrying. (easy for me to say, right?)

I am so glad you feel well enough to clean house - please don't over-do it!!

Shammickite said...

Well, the bohemian gauzy blouses are definitely worth worrying about but all that other stuff, just forget it and do another sudoku. You sound like you're well on the way to back to Rosie normal.

Barb said...

Just don't rush anything Rosemary. Just concentrate on getting better each day. Don't worry even though it's easy to say and hard to do. Love you!

Name: female, not even with a capital F. I shit you not! said...

Know what you mean Rosemary.
Haven't had a heart attack, but whenever I feel a new twinge or whatever in my chest, I stop and my mind wanders to....could this be?
My age is advancing & these things lay heavy on your mind.
It's perfectly normal for you to worry after what happened to you.
(((hugs)))

gina said...

Sooooo glad to see this post. I say "YES!" on the hair cut and color. I think it will make you feel fabulous! I'm glad you got to clean house and do some mowing because I know that will make you feel a lot better. I love you!! Stop worrying about stuff (easy for me to say) because THAT probably has more of a detrimental effect on your innards than what you eat. xoxoxox

Miss Healthypants said...

Glad to see you back, Rosemary...I will continue to pray for you every day, and I know you'll feel better and better every day! :)

Now STOP WORRYING! It's not productive, you know? *smiles*

FoxyMoron said...

Been thinking about you Rosemary. Just do what you want and feel you can manage. The blouses sound good to me.

Mom said...

So glad you are back with us. Little by little everyday you will feel better. I will keep praying for you and Steve.
I am in Seattle. going to dinner tonight with Lorraine

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

dont worry about anything that doesn't concern you..if you cant do anything about it personally your ownself...fuckit...this should be your new motto...fuckit...lighting candles and sending prayers.

madretz said...

I'm so glad you had a good day!! Please kiss Steve, the kitties and the pup-pups for me, too then have all of them give you slobbery kisses from me. Love you!

Random Thinker said...

I've experienced that hyper sensitivity to my own heartbeat before, different reason, but very distracting. Glad it's passing and that you are getting stronger. Definitely do the "do".

Middle Child said...

Mum used to say "Will it matter in a hundred years?" What will matter in a hundred years is the love you hold in that heart of yours - because love is all we leave behing - I think that came out of the movie "Ghost"
Give yourself time - you didn't just stub your toe and your body will use all your exxess just to begin the healing - a bit of brain fog is normal - no quick fixes when the body wants to do its own thing.

and wear whatever you want...stilletos maybe???