There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Saturday, August 14, 2010

Just for today....

Just for today: I am grateful for/that:

I can still pay the monthly mortgage

The forest stays green all year round

Fuzz is still alive

I found cats

My back doesn’t hurt as much as it did yesterday

We got the lawn mowed before it rained

I can still sit with Steve at breakfast every day

I can turn the TV off at some point after we go to bed

The roof replacement cost less than we thought

The unemployment bill passed

Rehab is fun and I feel great after it is over for the day

While it may have been cheaper if I had died from a heart attack, I am still alive

I have a daughter that helps me put life in perspective every now and then




12 comments:

Shammickite said...

All very worthwhile things to be grateful for.

gina said...

And you have awesome friends who love you! I miss you, Rosemary... email me. xoxox

Jan said...

Perhaps I should not feel slighted that you didn't mention your blogging buddies who have never met you out of cyber space, but care for you very much.

kenju said...

Good for you for realizing those. We are all happy that you didn't die.

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

I'm grateful I have you as a friend.

Name: female, not even with a capital F. I shit you not! said...

....and while you have so much to be greatful for............we are thankful that you didn't buy the farm. ;0)

FoxyMoron said...

Nice list Rosemary. Hope you're well.

madretz said...

love you!

jp said...

If rehab is fun, I think you may be doing it wrong. Don't let the doctors find out.

Mom said...

A very good list of thanksgivings.
I wish we could sit together with a cup of tea and share our lists and find some joy and laughter as we recover.

sageweb said...

I am glad you are getting better...and I am thankful I found you and your blog!

Miss Healthypants said...

This is a very lovely list, Rosemary--keep up the positive thinking! :)

Hey, how's the book going? You mentioned you'd enjoyed it so far--I can't wait to hear what you think of the rest. It definitely has "spirituality" as a theme, but not boring spirituality--many times I laughed out loud at the author's experiences. :)

Hope you continue to feel better, physically and emotionally!