There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Saturday, September 25, 2010

The facts of life....

There are a few people in my life that know me really well....my kids, Steve, a few friends.....and now, I am getting to know myself too.

I dwell on the worst case scenarios.

I dwell on things that have yet to happen.

I vacuum too much time away....dusting and floor washing is in there as well.

I don't think much of a lot of my past behavior or my mothering skills......that might fall under the quotes from my mother..."Some day you will be sorry for what you did and said, rosemary. Remember that I told you so." I remember a lot.

Along with eating all of the wrong foods for years, stress probably more than anything else caused my heart attack. 

Well, it is time for all of that stress/worry/bulls#i! to be over.

I bought two packages of Power Thought Cards because my friend Kathy sent me several quotes in an email...and....while emailing back and forth with my friend Sue she put this paragraph at the end of one message.....

I do not mind drop in company because what you see is what you get. I am not the neat person you are although I used to be. Chip changed all that. I wanted to play with him rather than dust etc and it has remained that way. I do vacuum every day as squirrels make a mess with the seeds and shells and 2 dogs in our little house…Someday when I am on my death bed I am going to be glad I took the time to play with squirrels and probably won’t care if there is dust on the end table. (Sue is a squirrel whisperer...she takes in ill and injured squirrels and has a healing touch).

Here are a few quotes that I might tattoo to my forehead, forearm or my hands...

I have the right to take up space and to exist. I take in and give out life fully and freely

I am the perfect age.  Each year is special and precious to me.  I shall only live it once. I am comfortable with growing old(er).

I am supported by life itself.  I let go go the past.  I trust the process of life. 

No person, place or thing has any power over me, for I am the only thinker in  my mind.  I will choose thoughts that keep me serene.

I don't want anyone to worry that I am going over to a side you won't recognize...you know, getting all weird and stuff.....I'll still be bitchy and whiny...just maybe not as much.

15 comments:

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

I have little quotes that I like to live my life by and have. But think my favorite is still:"If you beat around the bush, all you get is a beat up bush."...and if you have a friend that you love..tell that friend that you love them...

I love you my friend.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

It's good to have that inner peace!

Jan said...

We've been blogging buddies for a long time and I never think of you as bitchy and whiny. Warm, honest and human maybe. Just don't get all, you know, sunshiny.

Jennie said...

I have the right to take up space and to exist. I take in and give out life fully and freely,
This is a good one for me. I have always felt deep down that I didn't have a right to take up space. As a matter of fact, if I'm in a room with 99 other people and someone comes in and doesn't have a place to sit, my first impulse is to get out of my chair. I have to tell myself that I have just as much right to take a seat as someone else.
Don't worry about us not recognizing you...if you change in the ways you wish and need, I'm sure we will just learn good things from you!

Mom said...

Good quotes all.
I have always thought of you as warm, loving and honest. Someday I hope we can sit down together and share a bit of each others wisdom. I am glad to think of you as my friend.
Peace.

Miss Healthypants said...

I'm glad you have some affirmations to remind you to be in and enjoy the moment. :)

I know it's not always easy to change negative thinking/worrying, but keep at it--it will be worth it, I promise! :)

jp said...

Vacuuming is therapeutic for me. I honestly don't know why.

I like the quote about loving whatever age you are. Makes sense, since we really don't have any other options.

FoxyMoron said...

Nothing wrong with trying new things, not a thing wrong with positive affirmations and nothing at all wrong with vacuuming. I have squashed rice on my kitchen floor.
We never stop growing, and we never stop learning.

kenju said...

I like those quotes and they are good to live by. I quit worrying about dust and dirty floors a long time ago. It will be good for you to give up worrying, Rosemary.

female, I shit you not! said...

With nine kids my house always looked lived in.
Then they were out on their own...well some of them for a short time and the clean house I longed for is now very well lived in with grands moving in with their parent.
Now I try to close my eyes to it all and say, " one hundred years from now...who will know what kind of house I kept."
You can use those words of mine.
:0) (((hugs)))

madretz said...

i love you any way you are but focusing more on the positive rather than the negative has to be better.

Breath in goodness, love and positive energy. breath out stress, anxiety and negative energy.

Shammickite said...

I think that you are living your life the way you see as the best life for you.
You love your family, your dogs, your cats, and you love Steve.
What could be better?

Middle Child said...

We all get shocked into a rethink sometimes - either by a health threat to ourselves or one to those we love - life itself becomes precious

Mairi said...

All these things will go away. What will remain of us is love (Philip Larkin, I think)

Mairi said...

So many things you say ring a bell with me. Why are we so hard on ourselves?