There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Have I mentioned that......

....I am now at a 5 incline on the treadmill and a level 4 on the recumbent. Not bad for an old broad with a faulty ticker.

....all of the ferns have turned and the cottonwood trees are dropping leaves like crazy. Rain has been coming down in sheets for 2 days.

....when I did that stress test the end of July I was given a paper that said I was radioactive for 3 weeks after the test.....specifically to show TSA folks should I decide I wanted to take a trip shortly after having a heart attack.

....Steve bought a treadmill for me. It was a surprise...has not arrived yet...and to use a phrase of my dad's "We'll be paying for it over time." Which means he charged it.

....we are going to take up the carpet in the downstairs bathroom, be sure the floor is smooth and even and then put down tile.....all by ourselves. Yup, that's the plan.

...the trip I wanted to take to the East Coast for our anniversary has taken a slight detour. Using miles and points we are going to take a trip to Maui instead. Maui is like Vermont in October isn't it? That house I dream about all of the time could be on Maui couldn't it?

....our Subaru Forester is PAID OFF!!! WE HAVE THE PINK!!!!!

....I am proud of Tyler and Bethany. Both done with high school, are going to college and both have jobs! YAY!!!

....I filled out the application to volunteer at the Library. I will only shelve fiction I told the HR guy Craig. He's OK with that.

....the hummingbirds have left for sunnier spots south. We STILL have those ugly June bugs smacking into the windows however. Hello....June bugs....it's September. Bubbye....

....my daughter will be starting a new job in October. She has had the job from hell for the last year and will leave behind a ton of stress. She works in the mortgage business.

....my oldest son and Bethany may be coming for Thanksgiving. It has been a long time since we had anyone other than a cat or dog share Thanksgiving turkey with us.

....all of my petunias have died; too hot, too cold, too much Idaho I guess.

....my friend Molly has the emotional strength of 25 people. Her husband has been diagnosed with bladder cancer after making it through a heart attack and tonsil cancer. Molly, as usual, said they will get through this and come out stronger for it. Amazing.

....I am glad to be alive; glad, grateful, happy, sometimes astounded, and blessed to be alive.

11 comments:

kenju said...

Rosemary, I am very proud of your work on the bike and the treadmill!! YOU put me to shame, since I have not been on either one for over a year.

Maui??? I want to go!! That's one of my favorite places and you're sure to love it. See Lahaina harbor - it's very quaint (or it was in 1983).

Jennie said...

Treadmill news - great!
Maui news - yippee!
Rain - bleh
grandchildren news - awesome!
car...that feels nice. We're about to go get another car payment which means new(er) van but...well...a car payment again.
Keep on tickin'.

Random Thinker said...

So many wonderful things. Maui? How exciting. And Thanksgiving with your family.. makes the turkey taste even better doesn't it.

jp said...

Sounds like everything is going good. I think I'm going to come borrow your treadmill sometime.

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

you are amazing and Steve is a keeper..have fun in Maui.

Mom said...

Your life is full. Maui is beautiful - but i am on the east coast.
I know it feels good to be finished with the car payments. Now you can pay off the treadmill.
Someday i am going to come to Idaho and see the beautiful country you call home.

powdergirl said...

Atta girl on the bike and hamster walker!

I love maui : )

FoxyMoron said...

What a lovely positive post for my Wednesday morning.
Good on you for taking such good care of your health, you're an inspiration.
Maui sounds lovely (that's in Hawaii right?) *scurries off to check atlas*

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Wow! I *know* I couldn't do the type of exercising you've accomplished. WTG!

Middle Child said...

"I am glad to be alive; glad, grateful, happy, sometimes astounded, and blessed to be alive." this is exactly how i feel about life and i can't remember a time when I wasn't aware how blessed I was apart from a few times...
a good catch up on all your news

Miss Healthypants said...

Lots of good news there!--so glad to hear it all! *smiles*