There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Tuesday, September 07, 2010

It's wonderful, it's marvelous.........

This Labor Day extended weekend was spent laboring and partying. The lawn was mowed, the garages swept, the squirrel feeders refurbished and the lower windows squirted with the hose because I don't do windows. It was also the annual neighborhood get together hosted by the unofficial matriarch of the neighborhood. This matriarch is the mother of the Wonderful son....you remember the Wonderfuls don't you; my former neighbors that are simply wonderful? No wondering why the Wonderful son is wonderful.....his mother is, his kids are and he married the most wonderful-former-neighbor-woman ever.

For some reason I can't explain, I have certain photos of Mrs. Wonderful and the Younger Wonderful Son that up to this blog post I have been reluctant to share. Maybe because when I look at them I cry; maybe because I think of past times with this family that can never be repeated....whatever the reason I am ready to share them now. These photos were taken on the day I had my heart attack; June 15th. Steve called Mrs. Wonderful as he was frantically following the ambulance and asked her if she could come to the hospital and get the dogs. Yup, she could....she stopped her day and drove 50 miles on a mostly under-construction-two-lane-Highway 95 that winds through the hills and mountains and took our dogs home with her. Every day that I was in the hospital and while Steve was there with me, Mrs. Wonderful drove to our house to let the dogs out of the garage and played with them....in the rain. At the holiday gathering Mrs. Wonderful, Daughter Wonderful and Matriarch Wonderful offered to help me through what is turning out to be a mentally challenging heart attack recovery rather than a physical one. Yes indeedy, they are absolutely WONDERFUL.

The photos don't need captions....they speak for themselves..... loud and clear.

11 comments:

Jennie said...

Ah they are wonderful. I'm glad you have them. :) I thought the first one of the boy though was Rod Stewart...I was surprised that he could be that wonderful...and that he lived in Idaho!

jp said...

So glad they are still in your life. Sometimes the best friendships do not require any amount of proximity, you know.

And please be careful with that hose.

female, I shit you not! said...

It's Wonderful for you that you have these Wonderful people in your life.
Bless these angels in your life & all the others out there that make things easier in times of need.
Their daughter has my haircut & color.
Looks better on her though.:0)

Mom said...

It warms my heart just knowing that the world is full of wonderful people. so glad the wonderfuls bless your world.

kenju said...

It is wonderful to have friends like that!! YOu're a lucky woman.

Random Thinker said...

Too bad the hose thing won't work on the inside. The Wonderfuls do sound wonderful. I suppose it's genetic since they all seem to have the same wonderfulness.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

We have some wonderful neighbors too, so I know how lucky you feel!

Shammickite said...

Great to have good friends, isn't it?
I'm so happy that you have these lovely people to help you out in time of need, and you can rely on them to be there if you need them.
Lucky you!
And you must be pretty wonderful yourself as they obviously think very highly of you and Steve.
And the dogs of course.

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

the Goddess gives Wonderfuls to other Wonderfuls.

madretz said...

So happy you have them in your life. and i echo what Yellowdog Granny said...wonderful people get wonderful people.

Miss Healthypants said...

They truly are wonderful--you are blessed to have them in your life. :)