There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Wednesday, September 08, 2010

What we did over summer vacation.....2010

Summer has gone by rather quickly. We really didn't have much time to enjoy it what with "the event" messing with our plans. But, a picture is worth a few bucks when it comes to summers in Idaho so here goes........ 

Mimi Louise slept in the heated bed 24/7.
Fuzzy napped on the back of the couch and kept track of everyone.
Emma spent her days on the clean towels in the bathroom and only ventured off her perch to lay in the cool bathtub.
Guido was outside in the playpen nibbling on grass and catching bugs and then barfing on the carpet.
Wesley and Violet acted like they were BFF's......but they are not.
Steve and I looked at dog butts on our walks every day.
We picked a lot of blackberries....most of these aren't ripe.
We are still watching the peaches ripen.
We watched this lovely lady make lots of ...........holes in trees.
 And in case you have any doubts that Mz. Summer Days has left the area, well, here is what I saw on my afternoon walk today.   









11 comments:

madretz said...

can i come over and take a nap with Mimi Louise? I'll try not to step in any of Guido's "presents".

female, I shit you not! said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhh those lazy, hazy, days of summer.
Poof....til next year. :0)
Yes, Fall is definately in the air in MA too.

kenju said...

Nice pix, Rosemary. I'm glad your summer has ended well.

Shammickite said...

I wondered what those strange things were that were blowing past the window, and then I realised.... leaves! fall is on the way.
Sad to see the end of summer, but I think it would be very boring to have summer all the time, I like the four seasons, no matter how much I complain about the cold!

Mom said...

Beloved pets, fresh berries - not a bad summer. You are still here to share your world with us. God is good.

jp said...

Mimi Louise is my favorite, and I miss her nightly phone calls. She must not be as worried about you anymore.

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

I can't imagine having other animals with Dexter...life is crazy enough with just him..you live a charmed life in a beautiful land..enjoy..

FoxyMoron said...

But why did she sleep on a heated bed? Lovely photos, especially the pet ones.

Random Thinker said...

Following behind dog butts on a nice summer walk just can't be beat. Hope Indian Summer gets extended before we have to hunker down for the long cold winter.

Miss Healthypants said...

I love the pictures! :) And I can't BELIEVE that fall is coming already!--waaaaahhhhh... Oh well, whatcha gonna do?

Anyway, Mimi Louise REALLY looks like our cat Hattie--except Hattie has a tinier head. I don't know why, but Hattie has always had a tiny head, even though now she's a real fattie. :)

JackPDB said...

Wesley and Violet do look all nice and peaceable there, but the truth shows up in the photographs -- those wicked, glowing eyes...
- - - - - - - - - - -
Jack@PDB
dog beds and more