There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Saturday, November 27, 2010

Better late than never.....Halloween and Thanksgiving 2010

Steve's carved masterpiece for 2010.


White or dark meat; what's your preference?   Albino turkeys are a cross between a wild and domestic turkey according to the guy that sort of fixed our heater.  He said they are fair game all year long.....but not on my property.  Hope your holidays were happy and your tummy's are still full!



7 comments:

madretz said...

Happy Thanksgiving Rosemary! I hope you and Steve are staying warm thru that horrible storm you guys are going thru. We got 44 inches at the cabin last weekend and expecting another 6+ this weekend. We are not up there. But if we're getting that much, i can only imagine how deep it must be up there.

Name: female, I shit you not! said...

What beautiful birds!
Wish I was lucky enough to have them on my property, but have seen a few native turkeys crossing a road and here and there.
Where is it written that albino's can be taken any time of the year???
Not on my property either if I had one here!!!

kenju said...

I sure wouldn't let anyone kill them!

Mom said...

i expect you only have snowy white birds since your big storm.
Hope you are warm and cozy.

Middle Child said...

I would have trouble eating birds I knew - but we used to when we were kids...as there were no places to buy when I was a child and in the country

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

happy thanksgiving Rosemary..hope you had a wonderful time..personally I'd have someone come out there..capture 2 of them turkeys let them have one for disposing of it and getting it ready to eat..ha..

Miss Healthypants said...

Great pictures! :)

I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving and that the weather is getting warmer there!!