There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Friday, December 23, 2011

My cat's smarter than your dog.....

I received the first and I hope the last email "Annual Christmas Update From Our Family to Yours." Yup, an email; they couldn't even spring for an envelope and stamp so I could open the damn thing, gag and then tear it up. I HATE, HATE, HATE these mailings. Hate them.  I think the worst one we ever got was from a then 55 year old friend (former friend) who had just graduated from Junior College in early December and he included everything from his grades to his favorite teacher in his "update." We usually saw this guy and his wife several times a week.   He ended the update with a request for money so he could start a graphic design business.   No.

I swear, one of these years I am going to send an 'Update" with the following: All of the kids own Fortune 500 companies, the grandkids are either at MIT or are Rhodes Scholars, the great grandkids are starting school at age 2 and can quote Shakespeare, we are doing great with retirement and our 17 billion dollar 401K fund and are thinking of buying Sandpoint. Seriously. Oh, and I have a snow shovel and cabana guy.

11 comments:

Jan said...

I've never had anyone ask for money, but I actually like to get these bragging letters. It makes for holiday giggles.

Not to sound Scroogy, but a card written by a greeting company with just a signature from the sender I could do without.

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Too funny!

I use to say when my elders bragged how their children never caused them any problem...when mine grew up I was going to tell the younger generation that I raised 6 priests and 3 nuns. ;0)

rosemary said...

I miss blogging...really.

Judy (kenju) said...

We got two of those news letters this year; one was the cruise/bonus/promotion/smart kids/type and the other one was about all the misfortune in their family, starting with a broken leg. Can't stand them either!

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

if my family put out those kind of letters, it would be full of 'when I visited Jr. in the Prison this past weekend, stories..
Merry merry to you and hope you have a wonderful new year.

Mom said...

I love all those long, full of way too much information letters. My all time favorite was from an engaged friend who said she and her fiance had decided to wait until their wedding night for sex, but the waiting was proving to be more difficult than they expected. Merry Christmas.
I miss all our adventures together in Blogland too.

Middle Child said...

I am with you. This year hardly any cards...thats okay but to have them replaced with mass emails pretending to be a Chrissie card..nope not the same.

Mairi said...

What about the ones written in the third person? They really crack me up.

Mairi said...

What about the ones written in the third person? They really crack me up.

Middle Child said...

I hope you are keeping well - haven't heard - take care

more cowbell said...

So ... I guess I'll take you off my holiday update list.

Just checking in ... you know the deal via FB, but coming back to blogging, I've been sad to see that so many of my blog friends also have been on hiatus. I was telling some others that I guess I thought I could be the only slackass, and everyone else would be typing away, waiting for me when I finally dragged my ass back to the blogosphere. Facebook is nice to keep up, but I really have missed everyone's stories. Hugs.