There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Monday, December 09, 2013

The post ictal state of a vet visit.

The howling is over, the claws are retracted, the vet wasn't bitten but she was smacked. Emma's journey to the vet is done. The vet ruled out tumor, poison, and trauma so we are left with epilepsy unknown etiology until labs come back and then .....well, we'll see. If her labs are normal then the diagnosis stands and we will start phenobarbital. The "rule" is: If a cat has 2 or more seizures in a 4 week period then they start medication. Emma has had possibly three in 6 days; two for sure. She is not a happy kitty right now and Steve and I are sad. I refuse to think of her as sick. She simply has a condition that we will control. She is 6 years old. She is young and healthy otherwise and I love her even more for maintaining her cool for the most part and not potty-ing on me on the ride home like her brother did. Kiss, kiss my sweet Emma Lee.

3 comments:

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

(((hugs)))to you and your feline friends

kenju said...

I hope they can find out what it causing it. Good luck.

Gina Emory said...

We had a dog with epilepsy. He lived many years with meds. I'm sure she will be just fine once she is on medication. Hugs!