There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The Doctor Said....

Just a quick note about Gil.  He saw the eye doc this morning and everything is healing well.  The laser points have scared, the buckle is in place, and the gas bubble is about 55% gone.  His vision is blurry, he has to hold reading material really close to his face and he will need cataract surgery in another year.  Yes, Gil failed to tell me he had a cataract.  One thing at a time, mom, he said. 

His biggest complaint is depth perception.  It is horrible and his good eye gets really tired and twitches....all things the doctor said will take time to normalize.

He has his next follow-up appointment in 3 weeks.  He forgot to ask the doctor if he can run.  ~sigh~  He promised he would call the doctor and ask before he laces up.  He just can't relax and heal.  All of our kids seem to have the same attitude when we "advise" or ask them to be a bit more responsible.  Silence and then, I heard you, Mom. Gil has two kids......he'll find out soon enough.

11 comments:

Willym said...

Glad to hear that the healing process is going well. Let's hope he did "hear" is mom and helps the process along.

rosemary said...

I can only hope, Willym. He is almost 47.......he should be able to figure things out by himself, but then I'd be out of a job.

JACKIESUE said...

gave the Goddess something shiny for him.

rosemary said...

I see the neuro doc next week......maybe you could save up a few shiny somethings for me.....just in case. Thank you JackieSue.......maybe Gil will listen to the Goddess.

jp said...

Eye issues are so scary. He is a saint for being so stoic about it all. Glad things are at least moving in the right direction for him.

I'm sure you'll rock your dr appt next week, you've kicked the ass of anything that's come your way so far.

booda baby said...

Really, this healing stuff's going so wellllll! Yah, yah, I know. It would undoubtedly be better if there was nothing TO heal, but that's not the deal, apparently. So. YAY for the healing!!

rosemary said...

jp....he is a real trooper. He never cheated with the face down thing and now he can't sleep on his back until the gas bubble is totally absorbed....so, his poor wife has to share their bed with one of those body pillows. How does one not sleep on their back?

booda......yeah, no healing would have been much better, but Gil is just thankful he has some vision versus none at all. He is a health nut, mostly vegan, will get back on his bike as soon as allowed and of course if the doc said lacing up is OK , he has already hit the streets.

Bad Alice said...

Ah, just caught up on this story. Children continue to scare the crap out of us right into their adulthood I guess. I feel for my parents now.

rosemary said...

It never ends. If it isn't eyes, it's knees, skiing accidents, car crashes, grandkids issues and on and on.

madretz said...

catching up...thinking of you and gil and sending you both the best. Gil and I are almost the same age...I'm a bit older as I turn 48 this summer.

Shammickite said...

Glad to see Mad has finally surfaced!! My very best wishes to Gil with his eye problems. But let me tell you I can hardly bear to look at the photos. Totally scary. Even when you are 47 you still should listen to Mummy. Tell him I said so.